Friday, June 25, 2010

More people I know

Email sent Friday 25 June 2010

Hola familia, this computer's enter key doesn't work so this is just going to be one big run-on paragraph.. Sorry, and the period key puts two periods every time you press it so deal with it.. How are you all? It seems like you'll have kept way busy.. I can't believe you let Brandy go all the way to Cedar City with 3 other girls by themselves.. You would have never let us do that when we were in high school.. Letting us drive to a dance was a big deal.. Goodness brandy you should consider yourself SOOOO lucky.. So how was SUU? Did you like the campus? Was the trip fun? Did you get to swim? ---- So have you gotten a video from the MTC yet? There may be others coming too.. I will be playing two more times.. :) haha.. Has anyone checked my facebook lately? Brandy could you do that and find me Holly Moody's mission address and Send a message to Jana Watkins and ask her for her address right now too.? Thanks that would be great.. ---- Guess what?! This week we got a new district in our zone and guess who is in it.?!?! John Nelson! So funny.. My comp and I were watching a conference talk on the computer in they newbies' room and two elders walked in, and I turned around and we were both like "hey I know you.." It was funny.. So ya I'll try to get a picture this week to send to you.. You can tell Ray and his wife that I'll take good care of John, or Elder Nelson.. (Explanation: Jon's dad, Ray and Melinda's mom, Laurie, are cousins. Jon ran cross country and Melinda, Quinton, and Brandy got to know Jon through running.) Oh also somethign cool, yesterday on our way to lunch we saw and met Elder Russel M.. Nelson! We shook his hand and everything.. The new mission president's conference is going on right now so pretty sure like all the general authorities are here.. We have a special fireside tonight so that will be awesome.. And then I get to meet my new mission president......oh wait, I've already met him! :) But we do get to see him for real again tonight with all the missionaries here that are going to teh Texas Mcallen Mission.. So taht will be fun.. And no, all of the TX mcallen missionaries are not in the same district or zone.. There are five of us in my district, but the rest of our zone is going elsewhere.. We found a whole other zone going to mcallen and I'm sure there is more somewhere else.. We'll meet them all tonight.. ---- Ali's little brother Steven entered the MTC this week too and he found me, so taht was really cool to see him here.. He is doing well it seems.. ---- We have the most beautiful view out of our classroom window, I don't know if I told you.. But some classrooms don't even have a window, but we are so luck you look out and see squaw peak and the temple up on the hill.. It is really pretty.. ----- I'm glad you liked the shop hop mom and found people to go with you.. :) If I want to send Quinton a letter for his birthday what's the address? -----Ok so this past week has been quite busy as is every week, but the upcoming week will be even busier.. This week we heard from Elder Lowell M.. Snow of the 2nd quorum of the 70.. He spoke abouta lot of things about how to teach.. He talked about the diference between being united with the church and being converted to teh Lord.. If you read in Alma 23:6 it talks about how the Lamanites who were converted to the Lord never did fall away.. I want you all to think about this.. Which are we? Are we merely united with the church or are we converted to the Lord so much that we would bury our weapons "deep" in the earth and suffer even till death rather than commit sin as the Lamanites who were converted by the Sons of Mosiah were.. Really think about it.. Conversion, just like faith is an action word.. A testimony is to know and feel, but conversion is to do and become.. I challenge you this week to think about all of this and finish this statement: "Because I have faith in Jesus Christ, and am converted unto the Lord, I will........" and finish the sentence with a specific action that you will try to do to strengthen your conversion and the conversion of others.. And remember that, as Elder Scott has said, "The Lord will not force you to learn.. You must exercise your agency to authorize the Lord to teach you.." It is a choice you have to make and act on.. I know that if you do you will be blessed and the relationship you have with your father and his son Jesus Christ will be strengthened and that you will be able to say as the Lamanites who left their wicked ways that you are converted unto the Lord.. ----This week is going to be so busy because we are doing what is called La Semana de Poder, or Power Week.. We are only have one or two hours of class every daya nd the the rest of the time will be for us to practice teaching the first lesson in spanish.. My comp and I have a goal to teach over 35 thirty minute lessons by next thursday.. It is going to be crazy.. I don't think I know enough words to teach it, but we are going to have to do it anyway.. It is going to be crazy cool.. And then hopefully we will be ready for our first TRC spanish teaching experience next thursday.. Which after teaching 35 lessons should be a breeze.. haha, we'lll see about that.. ----Yes looking back on the first few days is weird.. I see the new missionaries come in and I remember exactly what it was like.. They are so nervous as they teach and have to talk in spanish.. I was that way.. But new things are always going to be somewhat difficult.. You just have to try your hardest to get through it and remember that after a few days it will be ok and you'll start to love it.. Ok I'm looking forward to your package.. If you can find my workout clothes more woiuld be great.. :) I love you all! --Love Melinda send this to Quinton please and I didn't get his this week :(

No comments:

Post a Comment