Sunday, June 6, 2010

First Week

Email sent Friday 4 June 2010

Hola my familia,

Ok first things first. I only get 30 minutes on the computer so when I have to read all of your emails that takes a lot of time. So for next week, how about this. Send me all of your email stuff in Dear Elders on Wednesday night, and then I will for sure get them by Thursday night and have read them when I get on to email on Friday. You can still write a little email if you forgot to tell me something, but I just don't have time to read it all. So ya. I will probably email around 3 or 3:30 every friday.

The watch I wanted was the open linked band. I don't know if it will fit, probably. But whatever, I just really need a watch. And conditioner, and a letter opener would be nice, and Matt Crook's address and an update on if he's left yet, and clear nail polish for nylons.

This week has gone a lot better than the first couple of days did. I actually am beginning to really like it here. The MTC is actually amazing it just takes some getting used to. Sundays and Tuesdays are the best and Fridays because we get to go to the temple. Guess who I saw in the cafeteria the other day!!! Senora Sullivan, my spanish teacher from middle school! Her and her husbad are going to Chile on a mission! She recognized me and came up to me. So I told her how I'm learning spanish and how quinton is in ghana. She's great!

Also if you could send me Quinton's emails in a dear elder, even the ones from the past two weeks, because I just haven't had time to read them, that would be great.

That's cool that you saw Brother Catt at Rachel's reception. He only was with us for about 3 hours so I don't know how he could tell all that about me in that short amount of time, but he seemed like a great guy. And a really good missionary and teacher.

So yes, I am the Senior Companion, which means that I just kind of lead our companionship studies and everything. It's not really a big deal, it just gives someone the last say on what we should do. She is the Coordinating sister for our znoe which only has 4 sisters right now. Our whole zone has 3 districts or about 30 people. We have missionaries going to texas, iowa, spain, mexico, chile, and probably one other place. But we are all spanish speaking. I love our zone. Our zone leaders, Elder Reed Dastrupt are great. I actually now Elder Reeds sister from being efy counselors together and she is here in the mtc right now also.

Ok so anyway, this week has been going really good. We go to this gym class for sisters every morning at 6 and that is a great way to start the day. And then we have two class sessions and one long study session every day. With meals inbetween. We feel like we are always eating. And the food really isn't that good. The ice cream we get on sundays and wednesdays is though!!!

Well I'll have more time to write next week if you send your stuff in dear elders. Thanks for all of your letters. I challenge all of you to go to the temple this week. Yes all of you. We have so many temples so close, it's crazy not to take advatage of it, and plus after two weeks from now I will not be able to go for 17 months so you guys will have to go enough times to make it up for me. (the provo temple is closing in two weeks :( )

Anyway that's all for now. I love you all, and I am doing much better. Until next week...

Love,

Hermana Melinda Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment