Thursday, October 6, 2011

Conference Weekend!

Email sent Monday 3 October 2011

Dear family,

What an amazing weekend we had, didn't we. You are right, it is different to finally be able to watch the saturday sessions of conference live, since cross country and track took up our lives for so many years. haha. But yes we were so blessed to be able to listen to all of the sessions of conference this weekend. We watched them at the church in Brownsville. Our investigator G... came to 4 of the sessions. We only met him 2 and a half weeks ago, but he is progressing so fast! He had an interview for his baptism this week, and now we just have to have president interview him and then wait on first presidency approval. The waiting will be the hard part.

But conference was so amazing. President Monson is so funny. "Hello" haha, I love how that is how he started his talk. Can you believe the Provo tabernacle is going to be a temple?! I feel really blessed to have lived in the only two cities in the world that have two temples each. Go South Jordan! We recieved a lot of great counsel from the leaders this weekend and I hope that each and every one of us takes the time to ponder the things we ahve learned and make specific plans on how we are going to apply those things into our lives. Conference does us NO good if we do not make what we learned a part of our lives. Take the time to sit down, and write some notes and make goals and plans of how to practice these things. I really loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk about how each of us matter to God. The worth of souls really is great in his sight. And not just all of us souls as a whole. But each and every individual one of us. He knows us and he knows what we are going through, our successes, our struggles, our happy times and our times of trial. He is aware, and we need to not forget that. I have seen that this week in the life of one of our investigators. God is there to answer whatever little prayer he says. Because what matters to us, matters to him because he loves us.

Do you all know what has happened to elder Robert D. Hales over the past months? He looks so different and was in a chair.

The talk about hte Book of Mormon was SO awesome! That was very bold. That is the kind of boldness we need to work on as missionaries. I can not sum up sufficiently all of the things I learned or liked from the conference, but I encourage you all to ponder those things you liked and take steps to apply them to your life.

I don't know if I will stay here in PI till the end of my mission. I hope so. I don't want to move. But I feel like one of us will be moved next transfer which is like Nov. 1st. But I don't know if it will be me or sister perkins. Who knows. But that would be sad if I had to start in a new area for my last 6 weeks. BUt whatever happens will be fine.

Well, that's all for now. Have a great week! I love you all and appreciate all that you do and your prayers and letters.

Love,

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment