Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Email sent Monday 17 October 2011

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear mo--om, happy birthday to you!

I don't know how old you are turning, but I'm sure it's a good number. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and that everyone takes you out to do do something fun tomorrow. Sorry I can't send you a package or gift. I looked last p-day but was not able to find anything that seemed to work. I didn't have enough time to look for my liking, but I didn't forget it was your birthday. Thank you so much for being an awesome mom. Being out here I ahve realized a lot of the sacrifices that you and dad have made for us over that years and the example that you always gave to us. I am so grateful for everything that you have done to help us reach our potential and live our dreams. I really am grateful! I hope you ahve a great birthday!

That's fun that everyone is home for the weekend. We are having a sister's conference! The first one ever. All of the sisters int eh whole mission will be coming. I will get to see everybody again! I am excited!

This week was good. I realized the reality of the gift of tongues. This whole time in port isabel I haven't really found it very hard to understand anyone's spanish. I for the most part, understand all the words people say. But this week I went on exchanges in Brownsville, and I don't know what happened but that day, I felt like I was lost half of the time when people were speaking. It was so weird. And then I thought about it. God blesses us with gifts of the spirit to use them to help others and be able to bless teh lives of others. In port isabel with sister perkins, I NEED the gift of interpretation of tongues, cuz if I don't have it, then we would not understand what anyone is saying. So God gives it to me. But that day in Brownsville, I was with sister Ruano, and she is fluent in english and spanish and so I didn't need the gift to be able to teach. Sister Ruano had it under control. So I really saw the gift of interpretation of tongues come and go this week. It was an interesting experience. It makes me wonder that if I go home I will still be able to understand spanish. hmmm I don't know. I sure hope I still understand it. haha

We had 3 investigators get their interviews for baptism this week. Two of them will get baptized next sunday! The work is moving forward!

Well I have to go, but I hope you all have a great week. Keep reviewing general conference and find ways to apply it to your life.

Love,

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment