Monday, September 12, 2011

Hola familia

Email sent Tuesday 6 September 2011

Hi there from another week in Port Isabel. Guess what, it is starting to actually feel cooler this week. It rained I think one day this week, and now it is only about 97 degrees outside! It is great. I got a hair cut yesterday!!! That is the first one I've had since before I left on my mission. You can ask sister Morrill, way back in Sept of last year I was saying how I needed a hair cut, and never ended up getting one...until yesterday. Just a trim, but I sure needed one.

So this past week, we had some mission trainings on the 8 lessons the first presidency put out about a year ago to help us with the missionary work. It was the same training that I had last year in September right when I got out to the field. But it was much needed to review these things and hone in on our skills at teaching these basic doctrines. So that was three days long. We didn't have much time to work in those evenings, (tues-thurs) cuz we had to drive all the way from brownsville or harlingen back to Port Isabel, but we still got a pretty good week of work in. We had a great restoration lesson this week with one of our investigator's mom. We were able to set a baptismal date with her as well. She felt hte spirit so strongly. And the next day when we went back to follow up, she had had a dream that even confirmed her testimony even more that this is true. Opposition came on sunday morning though, so she didn't make it to church, but next week we hope to have her there with us.

I don't know if I told you all about J... and H... THey are two single guys we met a week ago Friday who both have baptismal dates and came to church that sunday and loved it. last Thrusday we were able to follow up with them about church finally and they had recognized so many blessings from coming. As missionaries we really do have the power and authority to promise people blessings from God because we are Christ's representatives. It was cool to see those promised blessings fullfilled. J... was able to come to church again this week and he loved it even more. The testimony meeting this week was awesome! As missionaries sometimes we are weary of testimony Sundays because you never know what people are going to say and you are afraid it will freak out your investigators. But this week it was great! People bore very strong great tesitmonies and J... felt the spirit so strongly. He loved it.

Also in our ward here we ahve a very strong Young Women's president and group of girls. We had three young women investigators in church on sunday and during young womens they had a testimony meeting and the 3 girls loved it so much! They were all crying. And are so excited to come to all the activities and stuff.

Guess what? There are aligators here. Scarey! For real. People have these little resacas behind their houses in lots of parts of port isabel, either that or they just live right on the coast, and aligators appear. That would be so scarey to see one day. Apparently they get pretty big.

Nathan is engaged!!!  Wow, Congratulations! Tell him he needs to send me a picture!  Let me know the details as things come along. Hopefully they get married AFTER I come home. I want to go.

No I didn't get to see Nicole. I guess I'll just have to wait a few more months. haha

Sounds like you all are having lots of fun. Well until next week.

Love,

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment