Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A sad week...

Email sent Monday 17 January 2011

Wow. Sister Trayner told me the news one day during companion study (We called Sister Trayner to tell Melinda that Cookie, our dog, passed away Thursday 13 January 2011 at 11:48 PM). That was the saddest thing. The very day before I had been telling my new companion stories about her and how she like to jump in the leaves and how we got her on a ward campout. And then...ya. I hope that dogs can be included in God's plan of how families can be together forever. She was almost as old as Brandy. She really is part of the family.

Well, I don't really have much time to write today because we are having to use the Nelson's computers because the library is closed because it is a holiday. But this week has been one full of changes as you know. My new companion that I am training is named Sister Salan. She is from Guatemala. Yes. A native. But don't worry she speaks english pretty well. She doesn't know gospel words so that is something that we are going to have to start working on. But obviously her spanish is perfect. Not mexican spanish like I am used to, but it is still spanish. So things have been good. Training is a new experience. Tomorrow we get to go to McAllen for a first comp. training and so I'm excited to get a little more direction on how exactly I should be handling this huge responsibility.

I haven't gotten the package yet. Hopefully it will come today...no it won't cuz it's a holiday, but maybe tomorrow.

I don't know how you guys are handling it being at home and not having her (Cookie) there. Just thinking about having her not there makes it feel empty to me. I thought about coming home and not having her there to greet me and that made me really sad. So I will just try not to think about it at all.

Well I hope you have a good week. Try to stay busy.

Love,
Sister Petersen

P.S. still there?  how are you doing with Cookie being gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment