Monday, January 24, 2011

Re: All Weeks are busy!!!

Email sent Monday 24 January 2010

Happy January!

Yes I will hit my 8 months mark in two days. And no mom that is not my one third mark. It is one third of an elder's mission. But it is one month short of my half way mark. Weird huh? Do you feel like I'm half-way done. I don't. I feel like I just got here. But then I see my new companion and I rememeber when I was in her spot. Oh how the first transfer so is not fun. Sister Salan is doing awesome. I know my first transfer I pretended to be fine on the outside, but on the inside I didn't really like it at all. You just get thrown into a whole new world and want to act like you know how to deal with it but really you don't and so inside you are falling apart. But somehow over the next six weeks you pick yourself up and put it together and start loving it.

We had an interesting week. Not much success in finding people, but I have come to know that those weeks are preparing us and testing our faith to see if we will continue having a perfect brightness of hope and keep working to be able to see miracles. So we are looking forward to good things.

I got your package! It was awesome. I love the tape. Thank you for everyone who talked on it. Tell them all hi for me. Also if you could send me another tape that I can record on that would be nice. I don't want to record over yours, or buy one. The cardigan is super cute. And the conference CDs! Awesome! Only problem is I don't have a cd player, so I am going to see if someone can put them on my ipod for me. I'm very excited about them though! And the candy and cookie and brownie mix is great! Also my favorite part was probably the pictures! However...mom, you were not in a single one of them. :( Did you forget you were part of the family? :)

Dad sounds like you are busy doing lots of heavy labor for Tim. You better be careful, I hear you are about to turn like 58 or something. How old are you going to be this year? I'm so glad that Jimmer is doing me proud!!! Remember how he is my favorite. And leading scorer in the nation?! That's legit. Also 19 and 1 is nice.

How is Quinton doing down at school?

About elder northey, I called him the relief society president, because that's what all the elders always call the elders who are district leaders of a district of only sisters. The relief society president. So yes I did call him the relief society president.

This past week we didn't have any really crazy experiences. I realized that I need to be more observant. Sister Salan is very observant and I have totally missed somethings that I could have learned about people if I was paying better attention. So I am learning. I am learning a lot from her. I'm supposed to train her, but she is awesome so she is helping me a lot. Every other day we speak english or spanish so that we can both practice the two and help each other learn the languages better. It is very interesting our companionship.

Oh, we went to McAllen on tuesday for First Companionship Training. I am the only one training in Laredo, so we had to drive down alone. I made my way there folling sketchy directions from our zone leaders. :) They are funny. But we made the 3 and a half hour drive in safety. The training was really good. It was fun to see McAllen again. I love mcAllen. it will always be my home on the mission. So we left laredo that mornign at 6 am and went to the training, got a bit lost on the way out of mcallen, but figured it out, and made it back to laredo at 8:30 at night. It was a really long day of driving and learning. But well worth it. President Trayner is awesome. And the assistants are really good teachers and leaders.

I hope you have a great week and go to the temple. I love you all.

Love,

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment