Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mother's Day is coming!

Email sent Monday 2 May 2011

Familia,

Hi everybody. I don't really know what to say today. It was an interesting week. It was so hot. Apparently Laredo is leading the nation in scwarching temperatures. Not exactly my favorite thing to be known for. We are kinda dying of heat, but that's what makes it fun I guess. But luckily today there is a cold front and it actually rained!!! It was amazing. It is pretty cool outside right now, but as for the rest of the week we were looking at 108s. It's hot. Welcome to Texas I guess. Love it.

J... was confirmed this Sunday! She is so awesome. She is so willing and excited to do everything that the Lord wants us to do. She has a huge desire to learn always. She has been reading on her own all sorts of stuff out of the Gospel Principles book. She is so cute. V... was able to go on the temple trip this weekend. Her first time seeing and entering a temple. We are so excited for her!

This week honestly has been a bit of a struggle for me. You know how you have those days when it just seems nothing is working. Well, we actually had a pretty successful week, we are hitting a lot of our goals, and while we can't control people's agency, we are doing all we can to help the work progress. But I don't know, this week was just kinda blah. And that is not ok. So I know I need to work on fixing that. We are preparing two people this week to get their baptismal interviews next sunday so we need to do a lot of work. This is when Satan works the hardest on people. When their baptisms come closer. He turns up his attacks. But God is always stronger.

I get to talk to y'all on Sunday! In don't know when, I guess I will call on friday morning. I don't know when you want me to call on Friday morning. How about around 7? Hope that's not too early. And then on Sunday I don't know when but we'll talk on Friday.

I'll talk to you soon.

Love,

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment