Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Changes...baptisms and...

Drum Roll Please!!!!!!!>.............................................

Sister Petersen, after nearly 6 months of time and sweat spent in Laredo, Texas has been transfered...to Raymondville!

Where is that you ask? Please look at a map. Pretty sure it is a very small town in the middle of somewhere. I think there are only 4 missionaries in the town and only one branch that is both english and spanish. I will be companions with one of the most awesome sisters ever...Sister Ruano!!! I have lived with her for 4 transfers already. She was with me two in McAllen and two here in Laredo, so we keep following each other. But now we will actually be companions! Yay!

Leaving Laredo is crazy. I can't believe it's real. I don't want to, but change will be good.

This weekend was bittersweet. As a companionship we had 2 baptisms planned for Sunday. Do you want the good or the bad news first? Let's go with the bad news. Only one of them went through. C..., the mom of the two recent converts, did not show up. We actually pretty much lost her since Wednesday. She is facing a lot of opposition and that just shows how much Satan really doesn't want these people to change their lives for the better. But I have full confidence that Sister Ramirez and her new companion will be able to overcome her doubts and help her take this step this Saturday. The good news, the other baptism of F..., went through and was the most special one i have been priviledged to participate in. It was so amazing! She is so awesome and I am going to miss her a lot. The actually ordinace of her baptism was so awesome. When she came out of the water she just stood there and cried. And then she came up the stairs and hugged us and cried. Yes we got a little wet. But it was so amazing.

Sorry I don't have a lot of time right now, but tomorrow I will be leaving to Raymondville. I'll write more next week.

Love,

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment