Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Miracle May...we are praying for it

Email sent Monday 9 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day again!!!

Sorry I didn't get a card out earlier. Hopefully I'll get this package sent off soon. We just don't have time for anything for some reason.

Wow. What a week. This transfer has gone by so fast. I can't believe it. It feels like it just started. This month is going to be an incredible month. We (our district) are deciding to call it "Miracle May." Right now that is because for everything to go as planned we need tons of miracles. But they are miracles that these people will be blessed with because of their faith and strong desires to follow the Savior. This is going to be a power week. As a district we have 5 baptisms scheduled for Sunday! The most I have seen in our district in the whole 5 and 1/2 months I have been here in Laredo is 2 in one month. And we are supposed to be having 5 in one day. Yes 5. Two of those baptisms will be ours and they are huge conversions from family members of recent converts. C... and F..., the two we have been teaching, have been through a lot to bring them to this point and it will continue to take miracles to help them actually enter the waters of baptism. Miracle May. This month is going to help make the Laredo 1st branch explode. We are going to be able to show the branch that we, as missionaries, mean business, and our work is baptism. We have been working hard, always have been, but it is going to show for real this month and we are going to continue to have months like this from here on out.

I told President in my email this week, basically, that I don't want to leave Laredo yet. I mean part of me does because it is so STINKING HOT! I hate the heat. I want to see some rain so bad. Send me to Corpus or something. BUt the weather really isn't that important. I told him I want to stay. Cuz I do. If i leave it will be sad. I think that all six of us in this district agree that we need to stay together for another transfer. We are on a roll, well God has helped us get on a roll. We need to stay together again to keep it going. I don't think Laredo is done with me yet. And I don't think I'm done with it. It probably still has more to teach me. And there are still more people I need to baptize. But Heavenly Father might have different plans, but...I hope I stay. that's all I will say en cuanto a eso.

I'm glad you are all de-junking the house. And yes I do think that declutter is a word. Just don't get rid of anything cool. And don't touch my stuff. :) After you declutter you could start finishing the basement....just a thought. Or go up to hobblecreek and get another dog. :)

I love you all. I just talked to you yesterday. haha. That's weird. The next time I'll talk to you it will be in the Salt Lake Airport two or three days after I turn 23. Weird. Time flies too fast. I love you!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment