Thursday, April 7, 2011

Loved General Conference! And transfer news...

Email sent Monday 4 April 2011

What a week!

I hope all of you had the chance to watch all of general conference. Lucky for us we have it right at our fingertips. I encourage everyone to go online and watch any sessions that they may have missed (due to watching wierd teenagers run in circles in short shorts and shoes with pointy things, or whatever else may have drawn you away, like white things falling from heaven or whatever else) :) The words of our leaders, who are called of God, really were inspired for each and every one of us, just as Elder Holland so beautifully put it.

This week we were able to see the converting power that comes from listening to the Lord's chosen prophet and apostles. Our recent convert V... was very touched by their words and I get to see her testimony and commitment to live the gospel grow every single day. Our investigator J..., who is super awesome and committed to do whatever and make whatever sacrifice to come to churhc and prepare for her baptism was stunned and overwhelmed by the beauty of the conference as well. Another woman, who is a neighbor of a member and was interested in the church, with who we have been working came to the last session of the conference on Sunday was brought to tears during Elder Hollands talk. She told us later on the phone that this is what she needed to hear. This is what she needs in her life. She pleaded for us to come by so that she could speak to us about this and in the days and weeks to come we hope to see her enter into the waters of baptism as well.

Everything that was talked about in conference was of great importance to all of us. I love it. I wish I could go listen to it again. haha Especially the saturday afternoon session, because I was trying to entertain 3 little kids under the age of 4 so that J... could pay attention and feel the spirit. So I'll be honest, I didn't get anything out of that session, except an investigator with a strong testimony of the prophet of God - which is actually a lot I would say. So I can't wait for the ensign to come out so that I can read those talks. (Mom could you send that to me as soon as you get it, bound and stuff like before? Thanks!)

Ok, so we got transfer news on Friday. Are you ready for this? All four of us sisters are being pulled out of Laredo and sent to Zapata to open up a new branch there! Crazy huh?!?!??! To help you understand how crazy it is, here is some background: Zapata used to have a branch, but they closed it down I think back in July when President Trayner first came because it was a bit/super apostate. Basically it wasn't being run right I guess. I don't know. But ya, so they are ready to open it back up I guess. haha, April Fools! That is not true. But that is what the zone leaders originally told us when they called with transfer news. They made up fake news for everyone, but obviously when they told us we were going to Zapata, we knew it was a joke. THere is no way. haha. It was funny. Did you fall for it? haha

Ok but here is the real transfer news. It is surprising also. I am staying in Laredo. Again. :) And sister Salan is leaving. She is headed to Brownsville. And I will be getting Sister Ramirez. She is from Puerto Rico! Speaks both spanish and english, and was trained by my MTC comp, sister sigler, and is currently with my last comp Sister Zamora. Funny huh. Apparently she needs me in her life. haha, but I am really excited to work with her. I think she has only 3 transfers in the mission, but I have heard she is awesome. So ya, she will be coming tomorrow. :)

Well, I hope you guys are doing good. Sorry myldsmail is lame sometimes. I have heard of other troubles with other missionaries but I don't know what the deal is. Enjoy the snow. Pretty sure we have hit 100 once maybe twice already. It's starting to get hot.

Love,

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment