Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A couple days late...that's how busy we are haha

Email sent Wednesday 6 July 2011

Sorry it took so long to write this. But obviously the library was closed on Monday for the fourth and yesterday we had scheduled too many appointments to be able to come and email. So it got put off till today. Sounds like y,all are having way too much fun with out me. Except for all of the things going wrong with our house adn cars and sprinklers and such. I hope dad's back gets fixed. Chiropractors work miracles. My headaches are doing fine. I still haven't gotten a really bad one since the blessing. I'm doing good. My ear still bugs me, but whatever.

Wow that's a lot of people getting married. I didn't have any idea who some of them are though cuz you didn't say some last names. If they were sending me requests for my address to get a wedding invite you should go on again and give them the La Vista address. Please and thank you!

I can't believe that Nathan Black is home! I didn't remember that he was almost done. Wow. That's weird. I can't wait to hear all about his mission.

So this week was another crazy one. It is weird working in a trio, and interesting being back with my greenie. haha. She is cute. Trios are a bit difficult because you ahve to re-learn how to teach together. It was a rough week and Sister Salan got overwhelmed by the status of everything in the branch here. But we are doing good and now that there are 3 of us, if we can just find one member to work with us we can do splits and do twice the amount of work. This week is full of changes and we are still adapting, but for some reason, president has sent 4 experienced missionaries and one with 6 months under her belt, and a senior couple to Raymondville texas. We are needed here, and we are doing His work. I will have quite the stories to tell about this place and the faith of these people. I am learning so much about the organization of the church and the proper order of things. God needs each one of us here for a specific purpose. It is interesting how things work out.

For the fourth of july, well, it was sort of just a normal day. Well raymondville had a parade, if you can call it that, on Sunday and then I don't think much really went down on monday here. It was pretty quiet. LIke everyone left town or something. But we all went to harlingen, and played basketball a bit, adn tehn we went to teh mall, and my companions got some perfume and lotion from victorias secret and when the elders saw the bags int eh trunk they freaked out. it was funny. Then all of the missionaries in our zone we had a little bbq at a members house. It was fun. But we had to leave because we were all supposed to be in our houses by 7 pm. So that was our fourth of july. Nothing much. Just a normal day really. I didn't even get to see any fireworks. :(

But ya, thakns for always writing and telling me what's going on at home. I hope you all had a great independence day and keep having fun.

Love,

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment